Friday, March 10, 2006

Keemb's comment

Hi all, a very close and good friend dropped a very lovely comment about Tupac and I think it will be interesting to have it posted here. Thanks.

Keemb says:

Oga Kenneto! Nice blog. Just taught I should drop some notes on this Tupac topic cos he's one of my greatest mentors. Believe it or not, 2Pac is still very much alive. How do I know? Cos he lives in my heart. 2Pac was not just a musician, he was an educated activist. He did his things with pride and realism. He was always painted by the media as a GANGSTA but u need to dig deep into his life to find out who he really was. He was a brilliant, artistic, and complex, individual. For one thing, I like him cos he always expressed how he really felt about everything. He neva hid anything. His music showed that. For another thing he was very hardworking. He released an average of 3 songs everyday in the studio. Apart from R.Kelly, I don't know of any other musician who is so hardworking. And it's evident today cos 10 years after his "suspicious" death, he's still releasing albums. Speculations had it that Suge Knight had him killed cos he could not see a talent like 2pac leave his record label after the agreed contract. But we will neva know cos 2pac had many enemies in his lifetime. Many still argue that Biggie was a better talent than 2Pac. I refuse to believe that and I think anyone who listens well to 2pac's lyrics will recognize that 2pac's lyrics were more than just flows or rhymes like Biggie. His lyrics passed on messages. Songs like "Keep your head up" and "Dear Mama" clearly reveal this. And my best song ever... "Life Goes On", reveals the ever ready-to-die life of 2Pac. As for predicting his death, I don't think that was a new thing. While he was alive he always talked about dying cos of the life he lived. Infact he woke up everyday ready to die. The issue of Friday the 13th, Makaveli and others are not enuf to say he planned his death. I believe Tupac is too brave-hearted to fake death for so long. One may dislike him for his lifestyle, but when u look at the conditions under which he grew up, you will praise God for who he became before he died....I could go on and on talking about this guy. I love him so much and I pray that somehow he's alive cos his death is a waste of talent. For anyone who is interested in knowing about 2Pac, i recommend the movie "2Pac - Thug Angel" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314806/) and u can see more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2pac.and like he would say... life goes on.
9:46 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home